Positive words of encouragement can have a long lasting affect on your child, even years after you have said them.
Trying to choose words that will make them feel amazing from the inside out. As parents, we try hard to shape our children’s lives to ensure that they live their best lives possible. I’ve always believed that this starts with creating positive foundations in childhood that will develop their minds to be positive and thoughtful.
My son is my world and I never want him to forget how much I love and value him. It’s very important to me that he knows how deeply I care for him and so I try to give him positive affirmations everyday from a young age to secure our bond, learn right from wrong, understand how much I love him and also teach him to be kind to others.
Here are 38 positive things you can incorporate into your day and say to your child to make them feel happy, valued and loved.
1. I love you
2. Well done!
3. What was the best part of your day? (And the worst)
4. I’m lucky to be your mummy.
5. I’m grateful for you.
6. You are so good at …
7. You’re really kind / that was a really kind thing to do.
8. Thank you for being you.
9. We will tackle this problem together.
10. Your opinions matter.
11. I believe in you.
12. You did your best.
13. You make me so happy.
14. Don’t be afraid to be you.
15. I admire you.
16. That’s a lovely question.
17. I trust you.
18. I believe you.
19. You are beautiful, inside and out.
20. I’m grateful for you.
21. I love spending time with you.
22. I appreciate it when you …
23. I hope you have an amazing day.
24. I hope you have a lovely sleep.
25. I’m sure you can do it.
26. You make me smile.
27. I’m excited to do this with you!
28. You’re so creative.
29. Lets do this your way.
30. I knew you could do it!
31. I care about you.
32. I care about your feelings.
33. I’m proud of you.
34. Your words are meaningful.
35. You should be so proud of yourself!
36. You’re very helpful / that was a really helpful thing to do.
37. Thanks for being such a good boy / girl today.
38. The world is a much better place with you in it.