CEO of Jeffree Star Cosmetics, business owner, YouTube sensation and beauty mogul Jeffree Star has teamed up with Morphe for the collaboration we didn’t even know we needed. Jeffree Star isn’t often known for a collaboration, but morphe seem to have been able to change his mind this year. First a brush collection, then another, then an iconic strawberry scented setting mist, mini lipsticks and a palette complete with thirty brand new shades.
The packaging is that classic Jeffree Star baby pink with a duo chrome statement text over the front. I love how all of Morphe’s collaborations with influencers have had a huge obvious presence from them. You can tell he had a lot of input and didn’t just put his name to something without putting in the work.
Collaborations aren’t something that Jeffree does too often so I think Morphe have really struck lucky to have him involved with such a beautiful collaboration to this scale. Also to be blessed with two parts to this collaboration is just fantastic. I’d definitely didn’t expect a palette from them!
I adore all the campaign imagery for this collaboration as I think it really represents Jeffree’s personality and vibes – whilst also being very classic Morphe. I also think it gives a big nod to the boys in make up and that’s something I love to see represented, especially from a large company like Morphe as they obviously also had the collaborations with fellow beauty YouTuber, James Charles.
Let’s get to swatching with a shade by shade description, shall we?
All swatches were done with my finger onto my own arm with no primer or setting spray.
I love the concept behind this row as it’s the opening to every one of Jeffree’s iconic YouTube videos.
- Welcome – a gorgeous shimmer that I love to use to highlight my inner corner and brow bone.
- Back – a peachy pink matte shade .
- To – this pink shimmer is one of my favourites! I do feel the shimmers apply best with your finger or a dry brush. When I use a dry brush, I simply spray the brush with setting spray after the shadow has already been applied to prevent ruining the shadow in the pan.
- My – another fabulous pink matte that I think is very Jeffree!
- Channel – a orange toned matte, perfect for a autumnal eye look.
- *Wand Noise* – the shimmery accomplice shade to go with Channel.
- Lynn – this shade is a perfect matte! I think every palette needs a light bone shade like this to set the eyes before applying eyeshadow.
- 1985 – the year that Jeffree was born! This orange toned matte makes a perfect transition shade.
- Mogul – this is a shade I don’t think I’ll really use as I don’t think I suit purple eyeshadows! However, it is a gorgeously formulates shadow that has a stunning colour pay off. Especially since purple shadows are apparently difficult to create.
- Self Made – a stunning vibrant pink matte shade that really goes well with the colour story of the palette.
- Dog Mom – another stunning shimmer shadow with a warm toned hue.
- Honest Truth – this is a matte orange toned pale brown that would also make a fantastic transitional colour for any look.
- Designer Label – since getting this palette I’ve been using this shade most days as it really is a dream eyeshadow for me. This one combined with ‘Rolls With It’ from the below row makes a perfect natural shimmer for a daily wearable look.
- Mr Diva – an orange matte perfect for the crease. OG Jeffree Star fans will recognise the shade name for this one from his music career!
- Boss Angeles – another shade that I’ve been using most days to deepen the crease.
- Pink Fleet – a pink matte that again, I think is very classic Jeffree.
- Calabasas – a red toned brownish matte shade.
- Don’t Know Her – a very Regina George shade with a gorgeous pink sparkle.
- Rolls With It – as previously mentioned, this is one of my most admired favourites.
- Millions – this is a stunning pressed gold glitter that I think will be flawless in party season.
- Girrrl- a stunning shimmery brown shade.
- What’s The Tea? – a great shade for deepening the crease and shading the outer corners of the eyes for a smokey eye look.
- Vroom Vroom – an almost charcoal coloured matte brown.
- Custom Rims – I adore this silver shimmer and again, I think it will be fantastic for the approaches to party season make up looks.
This is the row that I think I’ll probably get the least wear out of, excusing the black! Greens for me aren’t too wearable but so fun to play around with. Always remember to experiment and push yourself out of your comfort zone sometimes! Remember it’s only make up and it all washes off at the end of the day if you don’t like it – so no harm done!
- Glam Rapids – a green toned shimmer.
- Wake & Bake – a very pale green very similar to a shade in the JSC Androgyny palette called Military.
- Nate – Jeffree’s boyfriend’s name, FYI. This shade is a very vibrant teal matte.
- Drive Thru – a deep gold, almost brown shimmer. I love the name of this, as we all know from watching Jeffree’s videos, he loves a drive thru!
- Hi Dude! – a gorgeous shimmery brown colour.
- Fast Lane – this is a matte black which I think is so gorgeously made. A lot of black shadows tend to have a lot of fall out or go patchy during blending. However I found this one had zero fall out and blended like a dream without losing any of its pigment. I think this is the best matte black I’ve ever found.
Since receiving this palette, I’ve used it every single day! I love using the light mattes with the deep browns to create a blended crease and then I place Designer Label and Rolls With It on the lid for a natural shimmer look.
You can purchase this palette from an aray of retailers. I bought mine on Pretty Little Thing – here.