Shane Dawson and Jeffree Star literally broke the internet with the release of their highly sought after conspiracy collection, which proved to be too hot to handle.
The Youtube duo managed to break the websites of Morphe, Beauty Lish and Jeffree Star Cosmetics as Shopify struggled to manage the high demands of traffic as fans raced to the sites in a bid to get their hands on this new collection.
Of course, their seven part docuseries that followed the journey of initial bullet pointing to the creation and distributing of the collection may have been partly to blame for their high volume of success. Either way, they have a lot to be proud of with this unique concept.
The Shane X Jeffree collection included the Mini Controversy Palette ($28), Conspiracy Palette ($52), Pink and Black Make Up Bags ($40), Lip Balm ($18), Lip Gloss – Shane Glossin’ ($18), Pink Pig Hand Mirror ($30), Velour Liquid Lipstick Bundle ($90), Black Pig Mirror ($30), Pink Pig Side Bag ($35), Travel Bag ($30), Black Pig Side Bag ($35), Accessories Bag ($30) and also six individual liquid lipsticks retailing for €18 each. I managed to get my make up loving hands on the Mini Controversy palette thanks to my BFF and her amazing Christmas presents! As soon as I manage to get the Conspiracy palette I will have a review up of that too because you know we love a JSC review on beccalouisee.com!
The colour story of this palette I think is just gorgeous because with the majority of JSC eyeshadow palettes, he loves to create a colour collection that is wearable but also encourages you to play around and experiment with different colours. It’s fun to play around with colours you wouldn’t normally reach for – remember it all washes off so there’s no harm in playing around!
Shade By Shade
- Flat Earth – a stunning pale sky blue matte shade.
- Cry on my couch – the perfect pale toned transition shade.
- My Boyfriend’s Purse – this one is a champagne shimmer shade that I’ve been loving to use to highlight my inner corner and brow bone.
- Controversy – I personally love the little tea imprint on the shade I think it’s really fun and cute. Purple shadows are notoriously difficult to manufacture so I always appreciate a good one, especially within a vegan formulation.
- Diet Root Beer – This is a gorgeous warm toned matte brown shade which I think is great for building up some warmth into the crease. However, in the last instalment of the Shane Dawson series with Jeffree Star, we saw the pair contemplate removing this shade and replacing it with a highly demanded green shade which was previewed in the creation process.
- This shade caused a stir on social media as many fans wished that shade was included somewhere in the collection. The green shade which has been named, ‘Put It Back!’ will sit in place of this shade and Diet Root Beer will be moving up a space to replace Cry On My Couch. I adore the fact that Jeffree always listens to his consumers and their advice and requests for improvements, it’s great customer service and what gives the brand such a fantastic reputation that keeps customers and make up lovers coming back.
- My Apology – This is a lovely shimmer tone with a warm brown/muave tint to it.
- Exposed – a gorgeous pastel lilac matte shade.
- Cancelled – this is a lovely blue matte with a gorgeous eye print on the pan.
- The Simulation – This is the shimmering sister of cancelled with a deeper hue but equally as stunning!
I really love this palette and have been enjoying playing around with the different colours and also using it on a usual day for a natural look. The shades I think are stunning and as previously mentioned, I think the colours go really well together. The whole collection I think is genius and arguably the biggest make up launch to date and the most successful.
I’m hoping I can grab the Conspiracy palette on the next drop to complete my Jeffree Star eyeshadow palette collection and get a review up as soon as I can! I believe we’re looking at March / April for a restock so if you’d like anything then keep an eye on social media accounts for Jeffree Star and of course his retailers.
To the Test
I loved creating my first look with this palette! I used Diet Root Beer as a transition, Flat Earth to cut my crease and Controversy in the outer corner.
Thanks for reading as always.