When you combine red and blue what do you get? Purple! So is only fitting that the third instalment of the Blood series from Jeffree Star Cosmetics is purple. This palette gives a somewhat vampy and gothic feel but in a high end fashion that screams luxury right down to its packaging.
The follow up to the internet breaking conspiracy palette is a gorgeous touch of purple to add to any make up lover’s collection.
JSC are always go hard or go home with their themes with Jeffree Star himself admitting in a recent video that he plans his collections as though he is planning an album.
The Blue Blood palette felt very regal and I feel the purple slots into that realm really well. The palette is made from real velvet and is shaped as a hexagon, which is completely different to anything I’ve personally ever seen before.
In Jeffree Star’s reveal video on his YouTube channel, he said that he created the outer packaging like a bumper around the palette to prevent any breakages during transmission and shipment of the product. Of course you can throw this away to save space, however I think It would be a good idea to keep if you’re planning of travelling with the palette.
The hexagon shaped palette is also complete with a jewellery clasp. I personally love how his packaging has clasps because it means my toddler can’t get into them! (Rip to my JSC alien palette, thanks Leo)
This palette includes some new formulas from the brand in the glittery shades. I’m all about the glitter so was super excited to give these a try.
- Your Majesty – This is a bone white matte shade. These type of shades are a common feature in Jeffree Star’s palettes, dating right back to the first palette, Beauty Killer. I think they’re very necessary as I love to use them to set my lid everyday!
- Take The Crown – A lilac shimmer shade.
- Deviant – A matte lilac, similar to the lilac shade within the Jawbreaker palette but with a slightly different hue.
- Beauty Sleep – lilac shimmer shade
- Wet Jewel – This shade is one of the new formulas of glitter and I’ve really loved playing around with this one. I find it works best with your finger, which applies with most shimmer shades as they tend to pick up and transfer a lot better that way. I find if you use a wet brush then the glitter just becomes clumped, and a dry brush simply doesn’t pick it up.
- Royal Pain – This shade reminds me of Tongue Pop from the Blood Sugar palette but with a more red tint to it than pink. It’s a pink matte shade that I found has worked really well to help blend out some of the darker purples.
- Dungeon – A very dark purple matte shade, unlike anything is ever used before!
- Scandal Water – This is a really light lilac matte with a beautiful imprint of a glass over the top. I love when he changes up his stamps to fit with his themes – I think it’s so fun!
- Sworn Enemy – green glitter, the same formula as Wet Jewel.
- Pink Magic – another beautiful new glitter formula.
- Bleeding Heart – a red shimmer with a gorgeous heart and sword imprint.
- Executioner – a black glitter shade, similar to black rainbow from the beauty killer palette.
- High King – a warm toned purple with a stunning wand imprint on the pan
- Vivid Mood – this is a lilac shade that I’ve been loving playing with!
- Monarchy – this is a cool toned brown matte shade, it’s a bit dark for me but I’ve used it a few times as a starting transition or on the under eye.
- Blood Queen – to me, this is what the palette is all about! The deep purple and the monarchy imprint.
- Vile Serpent – this forest green is stunning and unlike anything else in my collection. I also love the snake imprint on this, very Gucci!
- Betrayal – this is a lovely shimmer lilac that I’ve been using to highlight my inner corner a lot recently!
I really loved playing around with this palette as soon as it’s arrived. It really reinvigorated my adoration for make up which I feel can get lost in the everyday. I say this all the tome but I think it’s really important to step away from what you’re used to and just have fun every once in a while!
I created a purple cut crease on the lid and for the clouds I used some of the lilac shades and then the whiteish shade I adore, Your Majesty. On my lips I placed the shade Wet Jewel over a Soap and Glory lip gloss and J love the shine it gave me! I also used that shade as highlighter too.
I filmed the creation of this make up look for my YouTube channel! You can watch the video here.
Thank you so much for reading today. Let me know if you’re thinking of picking this palette up!
You can purchase it HERE (uk) and HERE (usa)